Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wisdom from the Lord.

I have started reading the book of Proverbs. I have my place marked by the Lights of Remembrance book mark I got when I went to remember the love ones who were lost in the 2008 year. On the book marker it says " May their souls have peace and be remembered in heaven." That reminds me of a verse. "When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to the soul." Proverbs 2:10 I believe that we have to have wisdom to get to heaven. Everything that the Lord says is the truth and we need to understand what He is preaching and apply that to our daily lives. We have to be wise about the decisions we make, they hold the key to our future. "For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6. The Bible is Gods word to us. His word is what we need to live and die by. If we don't live by the Word we will suffer, it tells us in Proverbs 2:22 "But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it." We need to keep the wisdom of the Word close to us and try from the depth of our soul to be a good and devoted Christian. I can promise that it is hard to be a Christian, we get persecuted and ridiculed everyday. "Persecuted but not forsaken, Struck down but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:9 Happiness is what we have in the Lord. "Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding." Proverbs 3:13. The Lord has given us the wisdom to live an eternal life with Him all we have to do is read the Word and gather His wisdom. "I have taught you in the way of wisdom, I have led you in right paths. "When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, And when you run, you will not stumble." Proverbs 4:11-12 I don't try to preach or act like I know everything about the Lord and His word. I could read the Bible cover to cover until I die and I can find something new and wondrous that the Lord has done or promises to do. I read the word to help me learn and to comfort me when I need it. I blog about the things that are happening to me or the things that I feel in my heart I need to work on as a person. It makes me feel close to the Lord to share these experiences and scriptures. No one may read or enjoy my blogs now, but one day by sheer grace of God someone may type the wrong blog spot address and land on mine and read the scriptures that are in my blog and get to thinking about how their life could be better if the Lord were in it. If i help to provide scripture that may help strengthen one persons relationship with the Lord then I believe that it was worth it and all the glory will go to my Lord and Savior. I am getting emotional now so I think it is time I end this one..... If you read my blogs, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope that once in a while what I say puts a smile on your face and in your heart.
All my love in Christ,
Des

No comments:

Post a Comment